We’re two months into the first wave of the Astro Bikeliner project. One month left to go. Having never converted a van into a party bike AKA pub bike, there’s been a lot of learning and more remaining. Here’s where we are.
The van made it back from Garden City a few weeks ago to get the motor pulled out (and gas tank, and exhaust, and…) so it was pretty much a shell at that point. Really, the only things left were the dash, part of the A/C system, and the top of the van.
After watching a few videos (including the one below), the idea of chopping the top off was less daunting.
So, we were at it. The Idaho Statesman came by and shot some video. They left before the top was off, but don’t worry, there’s pictures.
I’d like to thank Joe, Bob, and Graden for coming by for the top removal. Joe and Bob did the cutting. I tried to find things, moved things, and did some drilling. Graden came by to help and was on a corner when we pulled the top and it wouldn’t have come off without him. You really don’t want less than four people for that. Thanks again for all the help everyone.